top of page
NORTH BAY HISTORICAL SOCIETY aLLYN wASHINGTON
Meetings are held the second Tuesday of each month at 6:30 pm at the
Allyn Historic Church
ALLYN 100 YEARS OLD - 1989
In 1989, 100 hundred years after it was platted, Allyn had a Post Office, fire station, beauty shop, hardware store, market and grocery, restaurant and lounge, bank, real estate office, insurance company, waterfront park with a dock and launch ramp, tavern, novelty and craft shop, liquor store, deli and gas station, drive-in restaurant, counseling service, second hand store, two oyster companies and a brush processing company. Lakeland Village development, a residential and recreational corporation begun in the late 1960's, has grown over the years into a major community and today (2004) includes over 700 homes, a 27 hole golf course, a large club house for resident and public use, and a restaurant.
Port of Allyn
Kowalczyk's Shell Station
Where Wood Carving is Today
Birthday Club Established 1926
John Peebles owned the waterfront property and sold it to the Port of Allyn
This is but a glimpse of Allyn through the years.
Port of Allyn Dock circa 1940's
Allyn Carnival 1954
Kirk Brush Shed Where Port of Allyn Building is Today
Fire District 5
1954 Forest Festival Parade
District 5 Entry
Richard Knight & Barry Betsinger
In 1963 Lakeland Village a private golfing community was established by Don & Bob Anderson. Today it features a 27 hole P.G.A. golf course a 50 acre spring-fed lake, dining in a lakefront restaurant and a walk or bike ride on miles of quiet streets. Three community beaches, outdoor kitchens, a children's playground and swimming area round out the lakeside amenities.
The Allyn Community Association was established and in 1988 they built the gazebo at the waterfront park in Allyn and continue to improve it.
bottom of page